The Polyorchard Exsufflation Series at The Carrack with special guest Andrew Weathers. Andrew and David will play a duo set followed by a group set from Polyorchard. Polyorchard will be performing a new work written by Andrew, the first work on Polyorchard’s ongoing Outside Series of commissions. The Outside Series features works from composers outside the core group of Polyorchard.
Polyorchard will be Jason Bivins (guitar), Laurent Estoppey (saxophones), Bill McConaghy (trumpet), David Menestres (bass), Christopher Robinson (saxophones), Dan Ruccia (viola).
1. II – William Parker & Stefano Scodanibbio – Bass Duo – 2017
2. Glaive – Ballister – Slag – 2016
3. Sanctuary – Andrew Cyrille Quartet – Declaration of Musical Independence – 216
4. Fire of Publicity – Chris Cobilis with Kenneth Goldsmith And Spektral Quartet – This Is You – 2016
5. Phoneme Dance in Memoriam John Cage – Jackson Mac Low – Open Secrets – 2004
6. Ffansi | Fancy II – Angharad Davies & Tisha Mukarji – Ffansïon | Fancies – 2016
7. Galaxy 9 – Whit Dickey, Mat Maneri, Matthew Shipp – Vessel in Orbit – 2017
8. One More Time 1 – Steve Lacy & Joëlle Léandre – One More Time – 2005
9. Journey to Satchindananda – Alice Coltrane – World Spirituality Classics 1: The Ecstatic Music of Alice Coltrane – 2017
For the third edition of the Exsufflation Series at The Carrack on May 16th, we will be joined by special guests! The legendary Jack Wright (saxophone), Zachary Darrup (guitar), & Patrick Crossland (trombone) will be joining David Menestres (bass) & Dan Ruccia (viola) for an evening of free improvisation. Music starts at 8pm. Donations suggested. BYOB
On May 17th, the quartet of Jack Wright, Zachary Darrup, Patrick Crossland, and David Menestres will be performing at Neptunes Parlour. Doors at 8pm, Music at 9pm. $8
The second concert in the ongoing Exsufflation Series will happen April 18th at The Carrack (947 E. Main St., Durham). Polyorchard will be performing my new composition “Those of the Gray Wind,” very loosely based on the book of the same name by naturalist Paul A. Johnsgard, notated completely with concrete poetry techniques. The music starts at 8pm. The event is free and open to all. BYOB.