1. flux-im-mo-bi-lay/lie (in memoriam Merce Cunningham) – Michael Thomas Jackson
2. non-imaginary landscape – Laurent Estoppey
3. 1st Milarepa Gatha (1976) – Jackson Mac Low
4. palimpsest – Dan Ruccia
5. Dream Meditation 1:35PM 6/11/80 (1980) – Jackson Mac Low
6. signal under study for removal (for Liam O’Gallagher) – David Menestres
7. Free Gatha 1 (1978) – Jackson Mac Low
8. flux-im-mo-bi-lay/lie (in memoriam Merce Cunningham) – Michael Thomas Jackson
The CD version contains two exclusive remixes by David Menestres & Laurent Estoppey that are not available digitally.
Download as FLAC for high-resolution at 24/96.
releases March 20, 2019
Laurent Estoppey – saxophones
Michael Thomas Jackson – clarinet, radio
David Menestres – double bass, objects
Dan Ruccia – viola, piano
Binaural recording by David Menestres with equipment loaned by the estate of Dan Lilly.
Mastered by Andrew Weathers.
Cover image by Emily Leon.
Produced by David Menestres.
A waveform alphabet production for Out & Gone Music.
Sammy Stein, writing for The Free Jazz Collective:
The CDs show how musicians who listen and want to explore can develop huge sounds – or small, delicate intricacies depending on what takes the moment. Both CDs have a dialect of their own but they are linked by that universal language – the desire to explore, challenge and make good free flowing music with spontaneity and intrigue. There is a sense of a tunnel into which the sounds are poured and what emerges the other end could be anything – or everything.